You suppose you are the trouble
but you are the cure.
You suppose that you are the lock on the door
but you are the key that opens it.
It is too bad that you want to be someone else,
You don’t see your own face, your own beauty.
Yet, no face is more beautiful than yours.
I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes.
Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You’re doing things you’ve never done before, and more importantly, you’re Doing Something.
So that’s my wish for you, and all of us, and my wish for myself. Make New Mistakes. Make glorious, amazing mistakes. Make mistakes nobody’s ever made before. Don’t freeze, don’t stop, don’t worry that it isn’t good enough, or it isn’t perfect, whatever it is: art, or love, or work or family or life.
Whatever it is you’re scared of doing, Do it.
Make your mistakes, next year and forever.” —http://journal.neilgaiman.com/2011/12/my-new-year-wish.html (via neil-gaiman)
Tag, you’re it! Here are the rules: Each tagged person must post ten things about themselves.
You have to choose and tag ten people. Go to their blogs and tell them you tagged them. No tag backs.
(Not tagging anyone though,cause I break rules and am a non-conformist)
1. I will soon be Single but I am not even then going to be Available. ;)
2. I am Eclectic in all my tastes and a Conundrum of a person.
3. I am Writing 2 Books, Starting College in Feb & aiming to do 2 to 3 Careers. I am so NOT a Over Achiever, I am doing all this out of Necessity & Desire to Better My Life & My Kids lives too.
4. I hope to get my First Tattoo this year (Two if I can)
5. I have a lot of Chronic Health Issues and Bipolar, and it scares me sometimes that they & I are too much for the ones I love.
6. I am a real Witch who seeks to apply Mindfulness ala Thich Nhat Hahn’s books & teachings.
7. I cannot carry a tune whatsoever. (I make a joyful Noise)
8. I dream in colour and get great story ideas and “prophecies” from dreams too.
9. I am dbl Irish & Scottish mostly and I am proud of my heritage.
10. I really hate confrontations, yet I intend to be an Advocate. I fight for others really well.
Smiles from the threshold of the year to come,
Whispering ‘it will be happier’…”
― Alfred Lord Tennyson
should old acquaintance be forgot, and never brought to mind?
should old acquaintance be forgot, and auld lang syne?
for auld lang syne, my dear
for auld lang syne,
we’ll take a cup of kindness yet
for auld lang syne